Saturday, August 29, 2009

"Remembering"


This morning I was thinking of the major things in my life that have made a lasting memory or impact in my life. Things I never want to forget. Riding a horse for the first time, right here in Bandera when I was nine, saving a drowning horse at sixteen, becoming a Christian that same year, living through a typhoon on the way to Viet Nam, camping, singing around the campfire with my wife and kids, watching my granddaughter gather eggs from the chicken coop. I could go on and on but you know, I'll have to save the rest for around the campfire.
I hope some of your memories have been made right here at the ranch, your first horseback ride, first wagon ride chasing the deer, swimming with the kids, or singing around the fire. You know I sing that song," I Hope You Always Remember," well I hope you do, remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment